- There are 6 phases of Trade Unions in India. The setting up of jute mile laying of to railways-1850, labour moment India dated back to 1860, and leadership was taken up by S.S Bengle (1905,1907,1910).
early trade union-the period(1918-1990) people involved in India as a founder Mr.M.K Lokhande he was in the 1890 in which was known as the the Bombay mil and hand association.
the labour journal was called Dinaabonthy after(1890) abrige of labour unions were started in country and the principle unions are as follows.
1. SOCIETY OF RAILWAY SERVANT OF INDIA (1890)
2. PRINTERS UNION OF KOLKATA (1905)
3. BOMBAY POSTAL UNION (1907)
4. KAMGAR HITVARTAK SABHA (1910)
5. THE SOCIAL SERVICE LEAGUE (1910)
- It is considerd as a era of formation it was modern trade unionism in the country. the trade union moment after the world war 1.
there were trade unions formation i.e Ahmedabad textile association 1860. led by Anasuyaben Sharabhai.
- Madras labour union-(1918)- led by B.P. Wadia; India seamen’s union, Kolkata clerks union, postal and RMS association.
ILO international labour organisation N.M.Joshi
ATUC All India trade union congress-1920.
By 1929 the trade union moment in India bought about 167 trade union’s and quarter million members.
- The leaders like Mr. N.M. Joshi and V.V. Giri formed separate organisations named national trade union federation (NTUF)
The next leaders were S.P.Deshpande, B.T. Randive i.e All India Red Trade Union Congress.
The Trade Union act (1926) came into forbet.
4. Phase (1935-1938)
- The Indian national congress was in power in seven provenance in 1937. In 1928 one of the most development took place was the enactment of the Bombay dispute act 1938
5. Phase (1939-1946)
- like world war 1 and world war 2 also bought changes in the industrial front of the country. mask retrenchment witnessed during the post word war two leading to the problem of unemployment. this compiled the workers to join the unions.
- The year 1946 was marked by two main industrial act 1946 i.e Bombay industrial act 1946.
- proliferation of trade union it took place and many trade union were formed at the national level at present there are 12 central trade union organisations in India.
some important abbreviations you here are as follows.
- AITUC- ALL INDIA TRADE UNION CONGRESS.
- BMS- BHARTIYA MAJDOOR SANGH
- CITU- CENTER OF INDIAN TRADE UNION
- HMKP- HIND MAJDOOR KISAN PANCHAYAT
- HMS- HIND MAJDOOR SABHA
- IFFU- INDIAN FEDERATION OF FREE TRADE UNION
- INTUC- INDIAN NATIONAL TRADE UNION CONGRESS
- NFITU- NATIONAL FRONT OF INDIAN TRADE UNION
- NLO- NATIONAL LABOUR ORGANISATION
- TUCC- TRADE UNION COORDINATION CENTRES
- UTUC- UNITED TRADE UNION CONGRESS
- BJP- BHARTIYA JANATA PARTY
note:- thing’s marked in red are very important containing (trade unions and leader’s) all thing’s played a vital role in development.