11 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR DIGESTION
In naturopathy, digestion is also an important part that has to be conquered and improve this system, Healthy functioning of the digestive is the key to multiple systems in your body.
Energy, thyroid function, immune system functioning, autoimmunity, mood, metabolism, skin health, etc. after research, it is learned that 70-80% of your immune system lines in the digestive tract is the key for the healthy immune system,
including auto-immune conditions. Did you know that 80% of the body serotonin is very important for mood and pain? Serotonin modulation are the most commonly.
There are multiple studies being released on the importance of the digestive tract microbiome and our mood.
These are just few of many example of how improving your digestion can improve your overall health. So what are the top 11 tips to improved your digestion?
Kick start your metabolism with breakfast:-
we all know that our digestive system is act as same as like fire. When you start a fire, first you add kindling & newspaper to get the fire started and then only after it gets going are you able to add a bigger log.
Similarly, with digestion, it is important to start your day with an easy to digest meal such as oats, corn flakes, fresh fruit juices, healthy meal etc.
once you get the fire started, you can add in foods that require more energy to digest such as meats, nuts, and beans during dinner.
Let’s look another way: have you ever tried to start a fire using logs? It takes long, long time to get a hot fire going. The same is true with digestion. If you don’t get your digestive fire burning strong first, then your are not able to fully digest the meal.
Cook your meal at home:-
when we make food at home, there is a smells and aromas released and help prime system and release some kind of
pleasure and digest enzyme that are necessary for proper digestion of food.
- Eat in a stress-free environment:- create a nice environment for your mealtimes by sitting in a comfortable seat, turning off stimuli (computer, TV, cell phone … except maybe some relaxing music ), calm your mind, take your time, and enjoyed your meal.
Doing this can actually increase enzyme production by up to 70% and you can get the whole family involved by creating a mealtime ritual that is relaxing fun, and a time to connect.
‘’Prime the system’’ by starting your meal with bitter foods:-
The prime system helps to increase enzymes that your body is primed to digest your meal, you can take 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed with 2 oz water or by eating something bitter before tour meal.
Our favorite way to do this is to have a green salad before meals with bitter greens such as arugula, kale, swiss chard, mustard greens and endive.
You could even enjoy these bitter greens with an apple cider vinegar dressing, you can find our favorite in our recipe section.
- Do not over eat: ‘’Hari hachi bu’’ :- this wise Japanese saying translates into ‘’eat until you are 80% full.’’ The okinawans say this before every meal to remind themselves to eat only moderate amounts of food.
- Chew each mouthful at least 32 times:- The mouth is a very important part of our body and also for our digestive system.
Chewing the food is break up into smaller particles now have a larger surface area for the acid and digestive enzymes of the stomach and intestine to work on.
This allows complete digestion of the food, which is important for preventing food sensitively/allergies and to ensure maximum absorption of the nature.
Put your fork down between each bite:–
Doing this helps you relax and slow down, which is just what the digestive system needs so that yours stomach and brain can agree on when you are actually full.
When you eat a meal, the distention of the stomach sends signals to the brain stating just how full it is. The brain then releases hormones telling you that you are full.
However, this signal can have a 15 minute ‘’lag time’’ so if you are eating too quickly then your stomach may be too full by the time the brain gets the signal and released the hormones that you to stop eating.
- Avoid drinking a large glass of water with your meal:– The water is we all know very important, it is a part of life. You can not ignore it for a while,
the water you drink during a meal can dilute stomach acid and digestive enzymes, which reduced gigestion and absorption of nutrients.
It is best to avoid drinking water for at least 30 minute before or after your meal.
- Add fermented foods to your diet :- Foods that have undergone the fermentation process, such as sauerkraut, and kefir, have naturally high amounts of digestive enzymes.
probiotics that are just waiting to get to work. Including these foods with larger meals, especially those with meat, helps reduce any discomfort or excessive fullness that often comes with eating harder to digest protein.
- Address food sensitivities:- If you feel that you are doing everything right and are skill experiencing symptoms of indigestion such as gas, bloating, cramping, lethargy, or intense food cravings,
it is worth exploring whether you have a sensitivity to food that you are eating . visit your naturopath doctor for food sensitivity test or other advanced lab testing.
Hy, My name is Krishna Sharma I am a blogger