Signs of dogs that help with anxietyYou may feel anxious, nervous, depressed, lonely and restless; don’t worry, a service dog or companion pet animal will definitely help you to get rid of the issues. As per scientific research, there are service dogs that are known as Emotional Support Animals (ESA) that acts as a therapy dogs to lift up your spirit and bring joy to your life as small babies do. Therefore, it is medically recommended to adopt or rescue a dog for releasing stress. Dogs are very sensitive and they understand your tension by interpreting your voice tone, body language and gestures. A four-legged companion will definitely gauge your emotions and try to understand your problems with a few signs of relieving stress. Here are some signs of dogs that help with anxiety:
- Gazing – If you are a pet owner then look at the cute and lovely eyes of your canine friend. You will find selfless love in them because they gaze at you in a cute and adoring way which will naturally release your tension and weariness.
- Listening – The pet dogs always try to listen to your words and understand your expression. After that, they behave in an adorable and humorous way to bring a smile on your face.
- Wagging Tail – When you are depressed or in a state of restlessness, your cute pup wags their tails in a loveable and humorous way. Seeing this behaviour can definitely act as a mood booster.
- Cuddling – Just cuddle and stroke your hand on the soft fur or coat of your furry friend and experience an inner relief. Psychologically this is one of the ways to chill your mood.
- Licking – You may have noticed your dog often licks you. This may not look good but sometimes, this behaviour may help you release your stress naturally as per psychology.
- Showing Protectiveness – When you are sad or in a problematic state, your four-legged friend comes close to you, tries to change your mood and make you smile or laugh by acting in a funny way and cuddling you in a protective way.
History of therapy dogs for anxietyIf you turn the pages of the history of therapy dogs for anxiety, then you will see pups are used by the army and police units for their sense of temperament, smelling, and tracking abilities. Moreover, dogs like German Shepherd also used to help the individuals in armed forces and police departments who suffered from anxiety and depression. In the modern days also some breeds have the capacity to offer mental, emotional and physical assistance. Again when we go back to the history of therapy dogs for anxiety, during the First World War in 1982, Germany totally relied on dogs for both the work of sending a message and curing mental illness. During that time, dogs were also trained to help deaf people.
Benefits of having a dog in your lifeAdopting healthy livelihood with good habits may play a major role in reducing anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, stress, diabetes and PTSD. Caring and handling your dog in several ways may help you in changing your lifestyle positively. Know benefits of having a dog in your life as follows:Exercise – Running with a dog and taking it to a morning or evening walk during your leisure time may help you maintain your weight, stress level and other diseases like diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure and cardiac problems. Researches and studies have proved, dog owners easily meet their regular workout schedule because they usually take their pup for a walk daily. This keeps both the pup and the owner fit and healthy.Companionship – Sometimes, because of loneliness, people feel depressed, sad and helpless. A dog can be your best friend during the adverse period of life. Your pup will make you busy in caring for it, making its foods, cleaning it, cuddling it and being busy in all these activities. These tasks will not only boost your mood but keep you away from isolation, sorrow and tension which are the main problems of life along with health disorder.Bringing Comfort – The touch, movement and the love of your pet pup can really bring happiness and comfort in your life and feel calm and peaceful.Meeting New People – Another benefits of having a dog in your life as pet dogs are the best social lubricant that helps you in starting a new friendship and meeting with new people in parks, roads, river-side or sea beaches where you can make friends with other dog owners. You can also meet new people in the pet training institute, clubs. Your canine companion builds your self-confidence and makes you stress-free because they like to live the present moment without thinking about the past and future and also try to make you happy without worrying about anything.
Benefits of pets for child developmentNot only adults but, health benefits of pets for child development by pet dogs in reducing stress is also praiseworthy. They are not only the energy boosters but also the playful friend and mentors for small children. Have a look at some of the examples:
• Pet dogs are never critical to a child, unlike the parents and teachers. They always protect and love children like siblings, and best friend to relief them from fear and education-related tensions. • A four-legged companion always helps emotional attachment and teaches children with their activity to build positive, caring and strong relationships with everyone. • According to medical science, pet dogs help calm the overly, hyperactive and aggressive kids if trained properly. • The love and protectiveness of the pet dog make a child feel confident, special, happy and energetic if he or she has working parents who have less time for the child. • Playing with dogs help children active intellectually and physically with relaxation. • As per research, benefits of pets for child development in autistic and learning disabled children need to be trained dogs to reduce their tension and frustration in life.