Marketing makes the base for promoting any business that is on the lookout for making profit. Marketing consulting services provided by a number of organizations in today’s day and age help boost the overall functioning of an organization along with improving its set of processes for creating, communicating and delivering value to its customers. These consultancies also help maintain customer relationships, thereby benefitting the organization and its stakeholders. Business marketing consultancies should ideally focus on strengthening the brand name, measuring the marketing effectiveness, implement the developed marketing plan, gather feedback and eventually utilize the new marketing technologies. Few parameters on which your marketing consultancy might be evaluated:
- How well can you develop a marketing plan?
- How timely are you able to deliver results?
- How efficient is your organization?
- Is your performance consistent from project to project?
- What are key skills your team possesses?
As a marketing consultancy, it is important to understand the emerging marketing forces:
- The upcoming improvements in information technology allowing more targeted communications
- Fierce competition makes it difficult to sustain and attain success
- Globalization affecting communication
The constant task of marketing to attract more and relevant customers has always been a concern, given the increasing opportunities they have for purchasing goods and services in today’s market. They possess the buying power, an opinion, access to information and lots of variety to choose from making it challenging for marketing consultancies to create that differentiating factor.
The marketing activities should mainly focus on the key dimensions of customer needs:
- Solutions – the ability to resolve customer problems
- Information – provide complete and comprehensive information
- Value– be cost-effective to the customers
- Access – let customers have an access to the solution
It is essential to build a strong marketing plan to empower the customers with a solution to their multiple business problems. It is important for marketing consultancies to:
- Connect with the customers
- Build a stronger brand
- Monitor market trends and innovation
- Shape and refine the market offerings
- Deliver quality and value
The next step arises of developing a suitable marketing mix. This might be a combination of pricing, service delivery, advertising and customer service. By choosing the correct mix, as a consultancy you would help improve your market share and penetration.
A good marketing consultancy would ideally:
- Offer quality consulting
- Offer technical knowledge
- Be more efficient
- Minimize regulatory or legal issues
- Exhibits no conflicts of interest
- Ability to meet deliver timely
Business marketing consultancies focus on the marketing strategy of the organization first. Then comes, the development of a marketing plan to determine the overall needs and goals. Marketing consulting firms in India realise the importance of having an appropriate marketing mix in the plan curated especially for the customers. The marketing mix mainly comprises of the product, price, place and promotion. This is also crucial to help gain an advantage over the competitors.