Bored in this quarantine? Love Baking? You have landed to the right place..
Hope you all are doing good and taking care of yourselves and family in this crucial period. This is the time we all need to stay strong and supportive and make a right decision by not stepping out of the house.
I have not been writing for so long, but could not resist writing in this lockdown. Majority of us have become victim of boredom in this lockdown period or I should better name it as “zombie crisis” outside. Few are trying new things, some have starting spending their quality time in resuming their hobbies such as drawing, painting, gardening, cooking, etc.
So, I love baking and that’s what I did in this quarantine time. I am gonna share my recipes that are damn yummy and even healthy. These recipes contain the ingredients that are easily available in the house. So bakers don’t give a try to these amazing recipes.
What are Oats-Bananas Pancakes?
Sounds yummy by the name? Did you know it’s also possible to make mind-blowingly delicious oat pancakes, even if you’re running low on flour? These healthy, Flourless Oat Pancakes are a favourite in my house, and once you try them, you’ll see why — you may never go back to traditional flour pancakes!
Major contents of this recipe are Oats and Bananas, both of which are healthy.
So I won’t delay telling you thus mouth watering recipe of pancakes.
What You Need To Make No-Fuss Flourless Oat Pancakes :
Honestly, these pancakes are so simple you could cook them over a campfire. Aside from an open flame (or regular stovetop), you’ll just need:
- A food processor or immersion blender to process the oats into oat flour.
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring tools (cups, spoons)
- Large skillet or nonstick pan
- 1 1/2 cups (4 1/2oz/128g) oats (rolled or quick-cooking)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium (1 cup/7 1/2oz/214g) bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2oz/43g) butter, melted
- Either using a food processor or a hand blender, process the oats until they are finely ground, similar to oat flour.
- Place the ground oats, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mash the bananas until fine. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into wet and mix until combined.
- Finally, add in melted butter and mix again until combined.
- Heat a large skillet or non-stick pan over medium/low heat. Spoon on about 1/2 cup of batter and let cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve fresh from the pan with fruit, syrup, and even a little Irish butter on top.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or on a pan again.
Chef Tips :
- You don’t need bananas to make this recipe. Any pureed fruit will do, such as applesauce or pumpkin puree.
- If you don’t eat eggs (or ran out!), substitute them with chia egg, flax egg, or even more bananas! For ore content about substitutes of egg you can check out “https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/egg-substitutes-for-baking/ “
- The vanilla extract in this recipe is optional, but I strongly recommend it. Paired with the salt, it really gives these pancakes an amazing flavour.
- Use rolled OR quick oats, but not steel cut. Steel cut takes too long to cook/soften.
- If you already have oat flour, you can use that as well.
How To Store No-Fuss Flourless Oat Pancakes :
You can store any leftover pancakes in the fridge for up to 2 days. Or, you can put the pancakes in aluminium foil or freezer bag, with a sheet of wax paper between each one, in the freezer and store for 1 month. To reheat, simply pop it in the microwave or into the skillet again!
For garnishing, you cake decorate over with equally chopped banana pieces, some butter and put some Honey or Maple syrup over it.
For video of full recipe with ingredients and instructions refer : “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4AN–ON4oo“
Hope you all Enjoy this Recipe. Happy Baking!
Submit your own photos of recipe. And stay tuned for more.
Guys do give feedback and don’t forget to like and share 🙂
Animal lover. Loves to write.
Animal lover. Loves to write.