How To Password Protect Pendrive? Top Methods
Hello, enthusiastic readers welcome to Let’s Blogging.com.
Pendrives have become one of the best storage devices. We can use the pendrive for storing valuable information as well as for transferring data. With the advent of OTG cables, the scope of pendrives has increased further. However, storing sensitive data like private images, videos on an unprotected USB pendrive is foolish as the USB stick can be lost or misplaced putting the private information at risk.
Today in this article I will tell how you can password protect pendrive. So without wasting much time, let’s get started.
ALSO READ – Confuse about how to start blogging?
Method 1 – Using BitLocker
1. Insert your pendrive. Right click on it and select Turn On BitLocker.
2. Select the second option, enter your password and click Next.
3. Windows will now ask you to save your recovery key.
The recovery key is used to recover your password in case you forgot your password.
4. Once you save recovery key, you will see windows encrypting( password protect pendrive) your pendrive.
Method 2 – Using DiskCryptor
1. Download and install DiskCryptor.
2. Insert your pendrive and open the software.
3. Select your pendrive and click on encrypt.
4. A window will pop up with some advance option. Select the encryption option according to your need otherwise click Next.
5. On the next window, enter the username and password that you want. Once done, click OK to start the encryption.
6. After the encryption process completes, click on the USB drive and then click on Mount.
You May Also Like:
Do your share your thoughts about the article in the comments below.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.