Phases of Trade Unions in India
1st Trade Union Phase (1918)
- There are 6 phases of Trade Unions in India. The setting up of jute mile laying off to railways-1850, labour moment India dated back to 1860, and leadership were taken up by S.S Bengle (1905,1907,1910).
1st the period(1918-1990) people involved in India as a founder Mr.M.K Lokhande he was in 1890 in which was known as the Bombay mil and hand association.
the labour journal was called Dinaabonthy after(1890) abridge of labour unions were started in a country and the principal unions are as follows.
1. SOCIETY OF RAILWAY SERVANT OF INDIA (1890)
2. PRINTERS UNION OF KOLKATA (1905)
3. BOMBAY POSTAL UNION (1907)
4. KAMGAR HITVARTAK SABHA (1910)
5. THE SOCIAL SERVICE LEAGUE (1910)
2nd Trade Union Phase (1910-1924)
- It is considered as an era of formation it was modern trade unionism in the country. The union moment after the world war 1.
there was trade unions formation i.e Ahmedabad textile association 1860. led by Anasuyaben Sharabhai.
- Madras labour union-(1918)- led by B.P. Wadia; India seamen’s union, Kolkata clerks union, postal and RMS association.
ILO international labour organisation N.M.Joshi
- ATUC -1920.
By 1929 the union moment in India bought about 167 union’s and quarter million members.
3rd Trade Union Phase (1924-1934)
The leaders like Mr. N.M. Joshi and V.V. Giri formed separate organisations named NTUF
The next leaders were S.P.Deshpande, B.T. Randive i.e All India Red Trade Union Congress.
The Trade Union act (1926) came into forbet.
4th Trade Union Phase (1935-1938)
- The Indian national congress was in power in seven provenances in 1937. In 1928 one of the most development took place was the enactment of the Bombay dispute act 1938
5th Trade Union Phase (1939-1946)
- like world war 1 and world war 2 also bought changes in the industrial front of the country. mask retrenchment witnessed during the post world war two leading to the problem of unemployment. this compiled the workers to join the unions.
- The year 1946 was marked by two main industrial act 1946 i.e Bombay industrial act 1946.
6th Trade Union Phase (1947-then)
- The proliferation of union. it took place and many trade unions were formed at the national level at present there are 12 central trade union organisations in India.
some important abbreviations you here are as follows.
- AITUC- ALL INDIA TRADE UNION CONGRESS.
- BMS- BHARTIYA MAJDOOR SANGH
- CITU- CENTER OF INDIAN TRADE UNION
- HMKP- HIND MAJDOOR KISAN PANCHAYAT
- HMS- HIND MAJDOOR SABHA
- IFFU- INDIAN FEDERATION OF FREE TRADE UNION
- INTUC- INDIAN NATIONAL TRADE UNION CONGRESS
- NFITU- NATIONAL FRONT OF INDIAN TRADE UNION
- NLO- NATIONAL LABOUR ORGANISATION
- TUCC- TRADE UNION COORDINATION CENTRES
- UTUC- UNITED TRADE UNION CONGRESS
- BJP- BHARTIYA JANATA PARTY
Note:- thing’s marked in are very important containing (trade unions and leader’s) all thing’s played a vital role in development.